Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm Doing it........Muir Winery here I come!!

My first official 5 km run.....and I am psyched!!

Here are the details of where the run is:


     Wine Run 


Isn't this place beautiful??





I am sure I read a detailed version of "running by the dykes and vineyards" so it should be a picturesque run. I also received an email from the ladies at Runalicious  on Facebook and I quote them :

So guys just wanted to let all you runners out there know that I just registered for a really fun run....The Muir Murray Wine Run it's happening November 6 in Wolfville we are hoping to be able to get out and sell some shirts here as well...check it out and register--- by the way all the water stations are wine stations for adults...how fun is that!!! get a DD for your drive home.... 

Sounds like the best way to have your first real official run...don't you think?? I am giddy with excitement.


I finished week 2 of the C25k today, and that was a wonderful feeling! I started the two hundred squats last night, so my quads were pretty tight. I didn't care. I was on a high when Mr Ulley (the man who does the podcasts) told me I was starting my last run.  I kept telling myself "you're a runner,you're a runner",to the tune of the train who said "I think I can" LOL.

Have a great night ladies!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you, Conny! And a goal like that will really inspire your training, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mantra! I am working on me too! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great fun run to do. the location is breathtaking, you are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're gonna do awesome, I hope I can join you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds great! But I have to say, for me, it would be more of a wine "stumble."

    Yay for you, Conny!

    ReplyDelete